Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pushing Through When We Fall Short


  So often in my life I have to refocus my heart on truth. It is so easy for me to become discouraged by my inability to live free of sin and falling short. The accuser who accuses me day and night would have me believe that I have somehow fallen into a category of failures that God has given up on. He is so quick to rub my sin in my face, as if to say it is more powerful than the love of God. Sin does separate us from God but dwelling on failure can do more long term damage than the sin itself. God's desire to have us as a bride is stronger than our weakness.

Faithfulness isn't achieving perfection but longing to become perfected, and striving for this daily.

  Now, the important thing is not to minimize sin, as if it were not important to war against it, but to understand that we are not disqualified because of sin. "While we were still sinners Christ died for us" With the full knowledge of my wicked heart Jesus said yes to loving me, He considered me worth whatever it took to secure my future with Him. It wasn't my ability to become holy that made Him love me, He loved me because He made me, and He will see me through to holiness.

  I have had many seasons where I feel my failures drowning out my heart intentions. But the key to keeping my heart alive and vibrant before God has been to continually look to Jesus the Author and Perfecter of our faith (Hebrews 12:2) I have been birthed into a carnal nature that opposes God, and I will not be entirely rid of it until Perfection comes. This does not mean I can settle in, but constantly war against it and keep overcoming sin inch by inch. God is not looking for me to be perfect, He made me perfect in Jesus, He is looking for my heart to scream "I am so in love with you I want to be just like you." The righteousness we received in Christ cannot be improved upon. We have been clothed with the very righteousness of God.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence.

  It is God's grace that allows me to continually repent and come back into His presence. The beauty of grace isn't something that allows me to sit comfortably apart from God, it is the empowerment to pursue God. His grace is sufficient to cover all my weaknesses and failures. Where I can't do it right He makes me right. His love invites me into pursuit and His grace covers me when I fall. It is important to remember that we don't strive to fail, but strive for perfection then His love washes over us when we fall. We don't love to sin knowing His grace covers, but love holiness and His grace covers our sin.

Thanks Be To God Who Has Given Us The Victory In Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment